New Makeup Trends in 2017: How To Fake Freckles?On 9th March 2017 by Rabab Kelani
They say ” Freckles are Angel kisses” .. but what if I am not that fortune to have them naturally and freckles are one of the biggest beauty trends of 2017?! No worries .. After I’ve just mastered the art of contouring and highlighting, I am sure any new trend won’t require that incredible skills ?. Probably with little makeup can get some faux freckles .. maybe a bit shimmery too 😉
To add the little brownish dots over my cheeks and nose bridge, I started by priming my t-zone properly. Then applied a layer of foundation and set it with some powder.
For sketching the Faux Freckles you can opt for any makeup product you feel comfortable working with. My personal reference is liquid eyeliner for being easy to use by randomly dotting small flecks on the areas I want to add freckles to.
And to get more natural look I like the freckles to be in different sizes by adjusting the pressure of my hand.
The more you press on the skin, the bigger the freckle!!
And to add a twist to the normal freckles look I scattered some metallic freckles by using fine eyeliner brush and cream eyeshadow with metallic finish.
Lastly, I gently tap on my faux freckles with the tip of my fingers to blend them with the makeup underneath. I completed this look by bold dark chocolate lips and contrasting yellow eyelids ?
Here is the detailed breakdown of the makeup products I used:
- Too Faced – Born This Way Foundation in light beige
- Mac Cosmetics – blush in Cheek Pollen
- NYX Cosmetics – Highlight And Contour Pro Palette
- Anastasia Beverly Hills- The Artist palette eyeshadows Phresh and Orange you Fancy.
- Loreal – False Lash Superstar Mascara
- Maybelline – BROWprecise Fiber Volumizer
- Kiko Milano – Super Colour Eyeliner 102
- Makeup Forever – Aqua cream 12
- NYX Cosmetics – Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Club Hopper
And that’s it for how to fake freckles! If you tried to follow this trend and have favorite technique or products to share, It would make me happy to hear your experience 😉