Finally had the chance to meet Matte the nude from TheBalm Cosmetics, which Always catch my eyes with their cute characters labeling their products. This all-matt neutral eyeshadow palette comes in a very nice and funny packaging with the handsome Matt smiling on the cover.
The palette material is cardboard, which makes it super lightweight. But I am not sure how durable it would be in a long run. There is an amazingly big mirror fitted on the inside of the cover. I barely use another mirror when I am doing my eye makeup with this palette.
The Palette consists of 9 eyeshadow pans that are really HUGE! Maybe because size matters as TheBalm claims ;). I loved the shadows colors, their pigmentation and texture are very good. I have to say the only thing missing in this palette is a deep black to be a perfect complete matte eyeshadow palette!
TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Review
Let us take a look at the shadows closely and their swatches:
- Matte Johnson: a charcoal grey with cold undertones. It’s a rich dark color, perfect for deepening the looks, smudging eyeliners or even using as an eyeliner on its own.
- Matt Garcia : plummy mahogany. one of my favorites shades I use it to define my crease outer corner.
- Matt Malloy: a matte ivory white shade. It looks very strong in the pan, but comes off a lot softer. Perfect as a brow bone and inner corner highlighter.
- Matt Rosen: a med-tone warm brown and a very nice color.
- Matt Wood: a dark cool brown. Matt Wood is the darkest color in this palette, it doesn’t look almost black, but it’s really dark. It can easily be used as an eyeliner.
- Matt singh: a mid-tone seashell peach. A great transition color and to blend out all shades together.
- Matt Abdul: a perfect taupe color. It would make a perfect smokey eyes !
- Matt Lombardi: a yellow beige shade. Great for neutralizing the lid color or just worn as a lid color with deep color in the crease. Even works as a transition shade.
- Matt Hung: a dark grey with a plum undertone. A very beautiful color and one of my favorites in this palette.
I simply love this palette! I wear it on my eyes almost everyday, and I agree with some beauty bloggers who is naming it as one of the best “all-matte” eyeshadow palettes.
If you are someone who likes matte eyeshadow palette, this one is definitely a must have for you.
Rabab Kelani is a certified Permanent Makeup Artist commonly known as Brow Artist. Dr. Rabab is a specialist in micropigmentation and semipermanent techniques, and her art is widely known in Germany, Singapore, and Egypt.