Semi-Permanent Eyebrow Aftercare
Learn how to practice semi-permanent eyebrow aftercare
Following proper aftercare routine will help to ensure you get the best results possible. Here I outlined my aftercare formula that will make the healing process smoother and the final results much better.
The day of the treatment ” Absorb “
Gently blot the brow area with a clean soft tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid. Do this every hour for the full day. Removing this fluid prevents scabbing.
Days 1-14 ” Wash & moisturize “
Wash: Gently wash your eyebrows every morning and night with warm water and mild facial cleansers like Cetaphil or Neutrogena.
With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the eyebrows in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with warm water ensuring that all soap is rinsed away. then dry the area by patting it gently with a soft clean tissue.
* Make sure to dry your eyebrows very good before you apply the coconut oil.
Moisturize: Apply a rice-grain amount of coconut oil with a cotton swab 2-3 times daily, spread it across the brow starting from the head towards the tail in a swiping motion.
* Be sure not to over-apply the oil as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The oil should be barely noticeable on the skin.
- Use a fresh pillowcase
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring, loss of color and smudging of the hair strokes.
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 2 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid heavy sweating and long hot showers for the first 15 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 15 days.
- Avoid swimming, lakes, hot tubs for the first 15 days.
- Avoid topical makeup application including sunscreen on the brow area.
Important note about showering: Limit your showers to 5 minutes so you do not create too much steam. Keep your face out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face should only be getting wet at the very last end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
Long-Term Eyebrow Aftercare:
After the first two weeks pass, apply your favorite sunscreen over your eyebrows whenever exposing to the sun. This helps in making your eyebrow micro pigmentation lasts for longer time.
It is advisable to apply a thin layer of Vaseline before swimming in salt or chlorine water.
Remember, small changes make a big difference. By following the right aftercare, you get better results!
Check more about the treatment at Eyebrow Micropigmentation Treatment in Egypt.