Hello beauties! The much waited NYX makeup haul is finally here 😉 Although I was not that lucky finding what I was looking for from NYX, because most of the products specially the matte lipsticks were out of stock, but I am still happy and excited about what I got.
NYX cosmetics was founded in 1999 in Los Angles and soon NYX became the fastest growing cosmetics company in the States, because of their good quality at attractive prices. Yes, that’s right, you can splurge without guilt!
This cosmetics line is filled with dupes for higher priced products as well as some great problem solvers, all at a great price point! This brand is known for their powder blushes, matte lipsticks, butter glosses, pigmented eyeshadows and eyeshadow base.
My NYX Makeup Haul
- Powder blushes: Truly amazing in their quality. They are matte well pigmented blushes. Luckily had the chance to get my hands on Five of them (Peach, Silky Rose, Mocha, Pinched & Natural).
- Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk: I use it as a base under my powder eyeshadows which will make them look great and last all day. As well as It adds a pop of color to eye makeup.
- Single Eyeshadow in Rust: A very pigmented red wine color with shimmer, considered as Mac Cranberry dupe. I love Rust!! NYX eyeshadows are very pigmented and last all day, even on oily eyelids.
- Wonder Pencil: Skinny like an eyeliner, this is still a pretty creamy and super pigmented concealer stick. I use it mostly to line my water line and to conceal any pesky spot. Sometimes I use it as a concealer around my eyebrow or lips.
- Retractable Lip Liner in Nude: Creamy nude lipliner that glides on the lips smoothly and does not dry them.
- Matte Lipsticks in Nude and Shocking Pink: These are very decent, opaquely pigmented matte lipsticks that can be a bit drying, so I exfoliate and balm up first and I’ll be good to go. I got these in the shade Nude, and I love it. It’s a perfect pale peach, not nude at all. The Shocking Pink shade is super bright and almost a neon-like!
- Retractable Eye Liner in White: I used it mainly to line my waterline and this is so far the most stay able eye liner for me. NYX Retractable Eyeliner is very good, it goes on pretty easily,the color shows well,and it stays on from the morning until I take it off with make up remover.
- Glam Liner Aqua Luxe in Lagoon: It is a shimmery teal green! Its formula is a bit thin and watery but still hold a decent pigmentation on the first pass. However, the first pass applies a bit unevenly so you would need a second pass to even it out.
- Butter Gloss in Créme Brulee and Cherry Pie: Their pigmentation is very impressive and they also smell SO GOOD, just like a sweet sugar cookie!! It is quite moisturizing, but it doesn’t dry out my lips. The only problem or con i have about this product, is that it isn’t that long wearing, it only lasts about 30 mins – 1 hour. The Créme Brulee shade is A perfect everyday nude.This is the one I know I’ll ran out of soon. It’s a cult favorite for a reason! The Cherry Pie is the the ideal glossy red to wear all year around.
- Felt Tip Liner in Extreme Black: A mistake was made by purchasing this. On the first use it came out like a watered down mess. Since it was so watery, it went all over the place. I felt like I had zero control with this. Dried out before I could even clean up the mess it left. I love NYX but this was just bad. I wish I had invested in something higher end.
And there you have it!
My NYX Cosmetics Haul & Review.
For reference all swatches were made on my NC20 skin tone.
My favorite products were no doubt the powder blushes, jumbo pencil and butter glosses come in second.
Rabab Kelani is a certified Permanent Makeup Artist commonly known as Brow Artist. Dr. Rabab is a specialist in micropigmentation and semipermanent techniques, and her art is widely known in Germany, Singapore, and Egypt.
Categories: Makeup Haul